Substrate is basically the environment in which are develop the roots of cultivated plants in containers off the ground, that is, the “land” placed in pots and planters, and serves of support to the plants, regulate the availability of nutrients, water and oxygen to the roots. Can be formed from mineral or organic sources of one or various different materials.
The substrate must necessarily be better than the soil in all characteristics, it should provide the plant:
- A greater use of applied water
- Providing the necessary air to the gas exchange and root respiration,
- Permeability, giving roots development conditions
- Firmness, providing support and anchor the plant
- Density and steady, wet or dry volume
- Do not allow sudden changes in pH (acidity)
- Retain the necessary development of plant nutrients
- High stability, avoiding compaction
- Resistance to decay and rot
- Absence of causative agents of diseases and pests
- Lack of seed of any kind of plants.
Our range of substrates is obtained by aerobic composting of waste plant material and manure tanned, carefully selected and analyzed...
Various types of materials can be used to compose the substrate, bringing the necessary features. There are not a recipe to prepare a great substrate that meets the needs of all types of plants you want to cultive, so tests with material that has at hand to produce a substrate that meets your requirements are needed there.
Recall that this material alone does not provide the necessary means to satisfactory growth of the plant nutrients therefore independent of the use of these materials, the addition of chemicals or chemical fertilizers which provide nutrients and regulate the pH is still required.
Our range of substrates is obtained by aerobic composting of waste plant material and manure tanned, carefully selected and analyzed, enriched with a balanced fertilizer. The composting process is monitored by temperature and ventilation controls to ensure the quality of the products obtained in terms of stability/maturation and main physico-chemical parameters.
Advantages of DU VITOR substrates:
- Selection and control of the raw materials
- Monitoring of the composting process
- Analyses and physicochemical stability/maturity of the final products
- Traceability of the product
The result is a substrate of quality, balanced and environmentally friendly your plants will thank you.